The 94th Iowa FFA Leadership Conference was held in Ames April 10-12 to help celebrate Iowa’s FFA members through contests, awards, workshops and networking. The leadership conference attracts more than 6,000 FFA members, advisors, parents and guests each year.
Mia Gibson, the 2021-22 Iowa FFA president, from the North Fayette Valley FFA chapter, dropped the gavel during the first general session; following opening ceremonies, she welcomed everyone to the conference.
More than 1,000 students participated in a service project with Meals from the Heartland, packaging nearly 250,000 soy-based meals to be distributed to the hungry in Iowa and abroad.
FFA members also heard from several inspiring speakers, including a keynote from past FFA member and KCCI-TV anchor Eric Hanson, as well as officers from other states and the National FFA Association.
Chapter delegates elected the officers for the 2022-23 year. They are:
- President. Samuel Martin, Davis-Rodgers FFA, Shenandoah
- Secretary. Holly Schmitt, South Winneshiek FFA, Calmar
- Reporter. Rachel Teunissen, West Lyon FFA, Inwood
- Northwest vice president. Sam Philips, Akron-Westfield FFA, Akron
- Northeast vice president. Ryan Wolf, West Dubuque FFA, Epworth
- Southwest vice president. George Martin, Davis-Rodgers FFA, Shenandoah
- Southeast vice president. Anne Bower, West Branch FFA, West Branch
- North Central vice president. Mary Ann Fox, Osage FFA, Osage
- South Central vice president. Kate Schaefer, Adel DeSoto Minburn FFA
These officers will travel across Iowa speaking with FFA members, presenting leadership camps and workshops, as well as traveling around the United States representing the organization.